About Me

My photo
What I am: Complicated. A mom. A wife. A thinker. A seeker. A 'musician'. One of the volunteer executive directors of a niche music festival. An administrative business owner who set up shop in a senior's condo. Oh the stories!

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Sweet Tater Chips n' Dip

 So yesterday was my birthday and it was also Family Day here in our fair province.  Two words...Winning Combination.  My birthday and the day off and a whole lotta nothing to do.  My kids decided that we should go to Bulk Barn.  This is the place where I become dizzy and completely thrown off my cheapness.  My kids know that my math skills are crap, so if a bin says $13.55 a kg, I have no freakin' idea what that translates to for a scoop full of red dye & sugar.  I LOVE this place!  They love this place!  Let's go!  

So, my friend introduced me to Glories Sweet Potato Chips recently and I'm an addict.  You can only  buy them at a couple of places and Bulk Barn is one of them.  Score!  So many dollars later, we haul home our goodies and I can't wait to tie into my chips.  But, I really have a hankering for some kind of dip to go with said Glories.  I decided to throw a few things together and see what it tastes like.  I do this a lot, sometimes with nose-wrinkling results.  This, on the other hand, was delicious.  So I decided to put it in a pretty dish and take a pretty picture.  Then I ate all the pretty.

Betcha Can't Eat Just One!




This is enough for one (rather large) serving.  The Canada Food Guide would not approve, so maybe you could share.  Increase the ratios for a crowd...You're smart, you figure it out.

TRACY'S DIP FOR SWEET POTATO CHIPS

2  tblsp Mayonnaise (heaping)
1 tsp honey
juice from half a small lime
1 tsp Sweet Chili & Peppers Seasoning (I like Club House)
Cilantro to garnish.

You can also add a bit of lime zest and chopped cilantro to taste.  Would also be great with Sweet Potato fries. 

Let me know what you think.   Better than traditional Chips n Dip? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!